Sunday 25 September 2011

Flirting with London Fashion Week

Whilst being in pre-production for the video of 'Dia Ti Maria,' I managed to escape to a couple of fashion presentations for my dear friends during Fashion Week.



It was great to see so many friends proudly exhibit their new collections for the upcoming SS2012 season. I was somewhat alarmed, but mostly thrilled, at the amount of free champagne swilling around on Silver platters. {I mean we are supposed to be in an Economic Meltdown!}  However, it gave Somerset House an air of new found decadence that was complimented with some really great weather. And it felt great swanning around!

The first presentation I attended, was of my good friend/long term collaborator Ada Zanditon. {I'm wearing a piece from 'The Cryoflux,' collection, above, next to Cherie Lily}
A fiercely original designer, Ada's ethical fashion is steeped in narratives that stem from a scientific view on the environment.

Her new collection "Poseisus"  was inspired by seahorses, Greek Goddesses & Haiti Kanaval.
Watch the film below directed by Andrew & William Ho, which has a truly urban & monochrome atmosphere with a bitching soundtrack by Sebastian Bartz


ADA Zanditon ss12 from Andrew & WIlliam Ho on Vimeo.

I was whisked away to St Luke's Church on Old St by Broken Hearts DJ Amber Jane,  to Jayne Pierson's catwalk show. {It was nice to be back, as I once performed with the London Symphony Orchestra at St Luke's!!}
Pierson collaborated with The Royal Ballet, choreographing dancers instead of models, on pointe throughout the entire show. It was breathtaking!



My final date with Fashion week, ended with Fred Butler's presentation at The Portico Rooms in Somerset House. Fred's made some incredible pieces specially made for my appearances including, for Tonight with Jonathan Ross & The Culture Show.



With a sound installation from my oldest friend, Patrick Wolf, Fred's presentation saw her work move into more formal clothing territory, without compromising her trademark geometric precision or orgy of colour that characterises her work so brilliantly.


Fred Butler S/S 12 from Susie Bubble on Vimeo.

Stay tuned for Production shots from my upcoming video shoot!

No comments:

Post a Comment