Thursday 13 October 2011

Girl About Town- A week of openings!

The unveiling of the Tacita Dean's new work for the Tate Modern felt more like a psychedelic love in rather than a conventional Art Opening. It certainly was an iconic piece of work.

It's a vertical film collage of simulating abstract images. The film is driven by mutating images that invoke feelings in flight rather than a conventional narrative.


 It coincides a campaign by Dean to recognise & save Analogue Film. Screw the guy on the BBC news who said there was no difference between analogue & digital. He clearly needs his eyes checked out!

I loved the work both as a piece of art & a  fellow analogue enthusiast. Off course there IS a massive difference between Analogue & Digital. Analogue gives you an entire spectrum of emotions that Digital is not capable of & this was so evident in Dean's inspiring piece of work.

The Opening of the Frieze Art Fair is one hot ticket & coincides with a brilliantly curated programme of events, by Sarah McCrory of Frieze Projects.

This year Frieze Projects has invited Lucky PDF to run a TV channel, especially for Frieze. The public are invited to engage with the channel at the fair or to watch remotely via the internet.

I was lucky enough to catch their 1st performance of the fair. Love the references to Tony Wilson's, 'So it Goes.'
 
I then swanned off to Lancaster House on my 1st outing as An Official Ambassador for 'The Diana Award.' The event was so inspiring. It was wonderful to meet many amazing young award holders & hear their tales of courage & bravery.
I was also over the moon that my shoulder piece by Ada Zanditon fit in so well with the Lancaster House furnishings. Yay! Check out me & Fashion legend, Zandra Rhodes.

Please go to www.diana-award.org.uk for more info about the charity & all their wonderful work. I look forward to working closely with The Diana Award to spread their message.

And finally Here is Pierre Huyghe's remake of Brancusi's 'Sleeping Muse.'
in the secret back room at The Frieze Art Fair. I loved the crab hiding inside the Brancusi head.I think it was my favourite piece of the entire fair.



No comments:

Post a Comment